2018 Midterm General Election
Get to know these dates so you, your friends, and your family can vote for Lizzie Fletcher for Congress!
Last day to apply to vote by mail: Friday, October 26
- Monday, October 22 — Friday, October 26 | 8:00AM-4:30PM
- Saturday, October 27 | 7:00AM-7:00PM
- Sunday, October 28 | 1:00PM-6:00PM
- Monday, October 29 — Friday, November 2 | 7:00AM-7:00PM
Election Day: Tuesday, November 6, 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
Last day to the county clerk to receive vote-by-mail ballot: Tuesday, November 6 at 7:00PM
OR Wednesday November 7 at 5:00PM if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7:00PM on Election Day
Early voting is strongly recommended, as poll lines are usually shorter. It is available at several locations throughout and near Congressional District 7. All registered voters may vote early at any of the Harry County polling locations:
- Astrodome Area: Fiesta Mart—8130 Kirby Drive, Houston, 77054
- Near Town: Metropolitan Multi-Service Center—1475 W. Gray Street, Houston, 77019
- Galleria: Harris County Public Health—2223 West Loop South Fwy, 1st Floor, Houston, 77027
- Spring Branch: Trini Mendenhall Community Center—1414 Wirt Road, Houston, 77055
- Near West Side: Tracy Gee Community Center—3599 Westcenter Drive, Houston, 77042
- West Houston: Nottingham Park—926 Country Place Drive, Houston, 77079
- Far West: Harris County MUD 81—805 Hidden Canyon Road, Katy, 77450
- Bear Creek: Living Word Church of Nazarene—16607 Clay Road, Houston, 77084
- Jersey Village: City of Jersey Village - City Hall—16327 Lakeview Drive, Jersey Village, 77040
- North Katy: Lone Star College - Cypress Center—19710 Clay Road, Katy, 77449
- South Cypress: Richard & Meg Weekley Community Center—8440 Greenhouse Road, Cypress, 77433
- Southwest Houston: Bayland Park Community Center—6400 Bissonnet Street (near Hillcroft), Houston, 77074
More info on Early Voting locations is available from the Harris County Clerk here.
Election Day Voting
Each precinct has its own polling location.
- Use HarrisVotes.com’s tool to locate your own polling location here.
- Check out HarrisVotes.com to determine where all polling locations will be here.
WHAT TO BRING
You’ll need to be sure to bring identification with you. The following is a list of acceptable photo IDs at the polling place:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
Details about exemptions and alternative forms of ID are available here.